Fox Valley Summer School Consortium General Guidelines
In an effort to provide students with learning opportunities,
the Fox Valley Summer School Consortium was formed in an ongoing effort
by the twelve involved school districts to offer students viable
educational opportunities at any of the eleven participating districts
during the summer months. The districts involved in the Fox Valley
Summer School Consortium are: Appleton, Brillion, Freedom, Hilbert,
Hortonville, Kaukauna, Kimberly, Little Chute, Menasha, Neenah, and
- All students from the consortium school districts are eligible
to attend classes. Students who have graduated, non-consortium students
and adults may attend classes by paying a fee that will cover the cost
of the class.
- If the same course if offered in more than one district, the student is expected to take the course in their home district.
- Summer School Enrollment Policy for Students Attending Classes in
Other Districts: Any parent wishing to enroll a child for a summer
school class that is OUTSIDE of their home school district should return
a completed registration form to the SCHOOL THEIR CHILD PRESENTLY
ATTENDS. This registration form shall be signed by a counselor/principal
from the student's school, the counselor/principal shall check that all
recorded information is accurate and complete, and then forward the
registration form to the Director of Summer School of the student's home
district. The Director of Summer School may sign to grant approval for
the class(es), retains a copy of the registration form for their
records, and forwards the approved registration form to the Director of
Summer School of the school district where the class is being held. The
Director of Summer School has the discretion of granting or rejecting
approval for students taking a class in another district.
- Enrollment Policy for Statewide Open Enrollment Students: Students
participating in open enrollment should consider their school district
of attendance as their home school district and should indicate this on
the registration form.
- Enrollment Policy for Home School Students: Home school students
participating in summer school should consider their school district of
attendance as their home school district and should indicate this on the
- Registration procedures and deadlines do vary. Please check with each individual school district.
- Courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment or lack of staff. If a course is canceled, parents will be notified.
- Grade indicators refer to the grade the student will be in during the upcoming school year.
- Please check the course descriptions for exact times, dates, and locations - as class schedules do vary.
- Transportation costs for field trips will be the responsibility of the student.
- Explanation of types of credit: Secondary level only. Philosophy and
practice concerning the type of credit is varied within the Fox Valley
Summer School Consortium. Students need to check with their home school
district counselor or summer school coordinator to obtain the
appropriate information regarding the earning of secondary credit for
either credit deficient or gifted and talented consortium courses.
- Attendance policies vary throughout the districts. Credit deficient courses have strict attendance expectations.
- Credits take outside of the district will be accepted only with
prior written approval from the home school district. Districts need to
submit grade reports to each appropriate summer school coordinator. The
grade reports should be sent to the home school district and student one
week following the completion of the summer school session.