- Traditional core courses can be taken in an alternative format.
- AP courses and electives not otherwise available due to low enrollments or schedule conflicts can be taken.
- Students have the opportunity through threaded discussions to interact with peers they might not otherwise encounter
- Frequent individual student/teacher interactions, as well as parent contacts, occur to support student efforts and monitor progress based on individual needs and goals.
- Online courses have a high level of accountability for the time, effort and quality of student work submitted.
- Online courses provide rigorous, high quality, standards-driven curriculum.
- Course completion goals can be on an accelerated, traditional or extended basis to meet individual student needs.
- Course enrollments are on a continuous or rolling basis, so students can request enrollment at any time there is a seat available.
- Courses are available to students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Students take greater ownership for their learning thus preparing them to be lifelong learners.